Announcement of CAAM-Stanley Chong Scholarship Application
Merit and need-based scholarships for individuals of Chinese descent for undergraduate
Application Deadline for school year 2021-2022：January 31 st , 2022
An applicant must be:
1. Of Chinese descent,
2. A resident of Minnesota and American citizen/permanent resident,
3. A senior in high school for the 2021-2022 year, with unweighted accumulated GPA 3.5
4. Applicant must agree and promote CAAM’s mission.
5. Applicant and/or parents have actively participated in CAAM-organized, co-organized or
sponsored events in the past six years.
6. For Need-based applicants, with unweighted accumulated GPA 3.5 or above, must
provide FAFSA or the latest 3-year Federal Tax Return Forms.
Please read the above Eligibility info carefully before you submit the application.
1. Applicants must meet all the eligibility requirements listed above.
2. Applicants will be evaluated on their academic records, including extracurriculums,
leadership qualities, and community services, including both CAAM and other
community service experiences.
3. Failure to maintain acceptable academic performance and exemplary behavior throughout
the school year may result in the revocation of the scholarship.
4. For this year, an individual’s special contribution in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic
will be considered.
1. Application Form must be typed (handwriting is not acceptable).
2. Applicant needs to provide:
1) A Cover Letter,
2) Application Form with the signature and date,
3) The latest official transcript from the most recent school attended (should be
submitted by the school).
4) Three Letters of Recommendation: at least two from a teacher of recent academic
years and a mentor or advisor (Note: All the letters must be written specifically to CAAM
for this scholarship, otherwise they will not be accepted and consequently the application
will NOT be considered.)
3. Any proofs showing your participation of CAAM events or other community services are
4. All the individual files submitted for this scholarship application must be named by
following the format below; otherwise, it will not be accepted.
Last name First name_document name (such as Cover Letter, Application Form or
Recommendation Letter, etc), for example: Aihua Liu_Cover Letter or Aihua
Note: Incomplete application will NOT be considered. Some applicants lost their chance
last year due to this reason.
Please make sure if your emails were really sent out by checking your Sent folder. You
also should be able to receive a short notice sent back to you from
Scholarship@caam.org right after your application materials are submitted.
Application Form and Submission
The application form can be downloaded on the website of CAAM
(https://www.caam.org/scholarships/) and all the application materials must be submitted by
Application Deadline: January 31 st , 2022
The status of the scholarship application will be notified to each applicant shortly after the
application deadline, and again after application material has been reviewed, respectively.
Recipients will be required to attend the scholarship award ceremony sometime in April or
Recipients will be required to provide CAAM with a recent color portrait photo for news report
and one-page biography about what goal or aspiration you hope to achieve with the help of the
CAAM-Stanley Chong Scholarship.
Recipients will automatically become members of CAAM with good standing after turning 18
好消息： 一年一度的Minnesota中美联谊会（CAAM）Stanley Chong 奖助学金申请开始